The Sanremo 2.0 Speed Suit is a new item of Castelli clothing available to VC Norwich members. As worn by the Garmin Sharp Pro Team, this one piece is more robust than most skin suits and has three rear pockets. It is aimed at road racers, and will be worn by some of the VCN Men & Ladies Teams, but is available to anyone.
Price is £125. (RRP £210) Most of the first batch have been snapped up by the Road Race Team, but we will have a limited number of stock items available, hopefully for delivery by the beginning of May.
To order click here
Castelli say… “SO FAST WE PATENTED IT Skinsuits are obviously fast, but they aren’t practical for road racing for two reasons: they have no pockets and, perhaps more importantly, it’s tough to take a nature break in one. So we created a new and improved aero jersey with a full zip and new fabrics and then stitched it to a Body Paint bibshort. We were also able to remove the bib straps, improving comfort and allowing even more cooling when fully unzipped.”
The jersey portion and short portion overlap on the front for full coverage, but leaving the front unstitched allows for nature breaks even from the bike. (Note sure this will work for the ladies!!) The 3 rear pockets are securely held in place in all conditions, including when fully loaded. The main aero benefit comes through improved airflow around the torso by keeping the sides of the jersey in tension.
Technical features for the Castelli Sanremo 2.0 Speed Suit
- Castelli’s speed research unit’s patented road racing speedsuit
- Body paint lower portion combined with aero race upper portion
- Long zip with overlapping front opening
- Silicone print at front sides to induce turbulence
- 3 rear pockets with limited-stretch back to keep pockets in place
- Progetto X2 air seat pad for famous x2 comfort and improved air flow
- Possibly the fastest bit of kit ever invented for road racing
- Comfort range 15-30c
- Weight 271g (L)