CLUB RIDES DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Club rides with VC Norwich have restarted however they are slightly different to what you would normally expect.
Following guidance from British Cycling the following changes have been implemented to ensure the safety of all club members and the wider community.
- Ride start times will be staggered
- 6 Riders per group
- Club members only on club rides
Rides will start at the forum.
- 9.00am – Fast Ride
- 9.15am – Middle Group
- 9.30am – Club Ride
Rides are only open to club members at the current time to facilitate the NHS Test and Trace Guidance. Please ensure you bring your VCN membership card as unfortunately without it you will be asked not to ride. VC Norwich also requests that club members bring a face covering if the group plans to stop at a Cafe during the ride.
VC Norwich Weekly Rides
1. Sunday Club Run: Meet at the Forum, Norwich. It’s 9am in the summer months and 9.30 in the winter, so on the morning after the clocks change, so do we. If there is a big event on at The Forum then we generally meet at Fitt Signs on Pitt Street, the Saint Augustines’ side of the Duke Street roundabout.
Different friendly groups to fit different ride levels. Regularly 30-40+ riders out each Sunday. Average speed of groups ranges from 16/17 mph for the “Club Run,” to 18 mph for the middle group, to 20+ mph for the fastest group. We all ride to the same café for the ever important cake, and are usually back in Norwich by 1.00 pm, having ridden approx. 50 miles. This is the best place to start if you are new to group cycling or VC Norwich.
2. Tuesday Evening Training Ride: Meet by Trowse/County Hall roundabout for 6:30pm prompt. (spring & summer only.) Open to other clubs. Usually two groups comprising a very fast “Chaingang” and a fast training ride. Only experienced group riders should attend.
3. Wednesday Evening Club Ride: Meet at the green at Cringleford to leave at 6.30 pm. (spring & summer only.) A steady ride at the pace of the slowest rider. This is a club ride so don’t come along expecing a fast ride, and don’t take it upon yourself to up the pace once we’re going. It’s a VC Norwich only ride, with the usual proviso of being open to people for a couple of times before they join.
4. Thursday Evening Training Ride: Meet at the green at Cringleford to leave at 6.30 pm. (spring & summer only) A fast training ride at approx. 20+ mph average. Only experienced group riders should attend. Sometimes splits into 2 groups but don’t come along expecting a club ride. It’s a VC Norwich only ride, with the usual proviso of being open to people for a couple of times before they join.
Any changes to club rides will appear on the VC Norwich Facebook page, where members can also post details of other planned or ad hoc rides.
PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING PAGES FOR: –