Hope you are all managing to keep well, safe and get out on your bike.
The club held the Annual General Meeting on Monday 22nd March 2021. Due to COVID restrictions the metting was held virtually via Zoom. Thank you to those members who found the time to attend. The committee for 2021/22 was agreed, (welcome Ian Cannell) and at the committee meeting held on 19th April the committee nominated the following officers:
- Chair – Dawn Riley email@example.com
- General Secretary – Robert Smith
- Welfare Officer – Adam Simmonds
- Minutes Secretary – Adam Simmonds
- Membership Secretary – Lorraine Jarvis
- Time Trial Secretary – Markos Janes
- Road Race Secretary – Paul Dolphin
- Treasurer – Dawn Riley
- Trophy Secretary – Stewart Lyons
- Clothing Secretary – Clive Rayner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications Officer – TBC email@example.com
Committee Members with no office
- Ian Cannell
- Rob Stronge
- Steve Swift
- Ian Doe – BC Rep
The club can only function with the support of its members. If you feel you would like to support the club and get more involved, we always welcome new committee members. We meet approximately every 6 – 7 weeks for a couple of hours. At present this is via Zoom, but you never know we might get back to being able to meet in the pub soon! Please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
With the easing of lockdown and the Governments COVID road map, VC has once again commenced organised club rides. It’s been good to see the number of riders joining the rides increasing each week.
Although British Cycling have announced that BC affiliated clubs can ride in groups of up to 15 riders, VCN have decided to follow the rule of 6. This enables us to manage the amount of people standing at the Forum and maintain the club’s reputation in terms of public perception.
All rides are posted on Facebook on a Thursday and members are requested to vote indicating which ride they wish to join. This helps us to comply with Track and Trace. Please could I take this opportunity to ask members not to vote if the ride is already full. We are monitoring the site and if a ride becomes full a second group will be created. This prevents groups of more that 6 congregating in one location.
At the AGM on the 22nd March 2021 members asked the committee to create a VCN COVID road map. Key dates in the Government road map are the 17th May and 21st June.
VCN Road Map
- 19th May – Wednesday evening club rides (no drop) will commence. 18:30 at Cringleford Green. Maximum groups of 8. We will post these on Facebook and will only be open for VCN members.
- 23rd May – Rider numbers will increase to 8 riders. Indoor café stops can resume. All rides will commence from the Forum. We will continue to use the Facebook poll system. Rides will continue to be only open to VCN Members.
- 21st June – Pre Covid the Committee had concerns about the size of groups. We would therefore like to continue limiting the size of groups to a maximum of 8 riders. Limiting the rides to 8 brings about several advantages:
- Easier for the rider leader to manage the group.
- Safety of riders.
- Respect for other road users
- Cafe stops easier.
We await further guidance about Track and Trace as to whether we can dispense with the Facebook poll. We will consider opening rides to Non- members at this point.
Club Clothing Orders
We are pleased to announce that we have now received the new summer kit. If you have already placed an order, please get in touch with Clive and arrange a suitable time to collect your kit. We do still have some of the old design kit left. This is now half price. If you wish to purchase some, please email Clive email@example.com
We are all keeping our fingers crossed that 2021 will be a better year and we can once again hold events.
|13th May||New Interclub TT League||Morley Village Hall||Dan Blackburn||This will run every Thursday through the summer months. Just turn up, pay and ride. If you don’t want to ride your support to run the event would be welcome|
|16th May||Open 10 TT||B10/43 Rendenhall-Bungay-Wortwell||Markos Janes||Marshalls required|
|6th June||Road Race||Wretham||Ian Doe/ Paul Dolphin|
|8th August||Open 25 TT||B25/8 Larling-Wymondham-Larling||Markos Janes||Marshalls required|
Discount for Members
The Tri- Harder cycling/ triathlon shop in Dereham have kindly agreed to offer all VCN members 10% discount. To take advantage of this offer all you need to do is present your VC membership Card. The shop holds a wide range of clothing and accessories.
All we need now is for the weather to warm up !!